Saturday, July 22, 2006

Fishing Expedition

Yes, I've finally gain touch to my fishing rod after months. This time it was my first experience of cathing Channa striatus, also known as haruan or sang yee in chinese. I was invited by my friend Kian Hoe(Cheng Ekin look alike) to fish at a nearby monsoon drain. It was a pre-planned outing only if the rain would have stop us. For a starter for this type of fishing I was told to use frog as bait. I was then instructed to go to a nearby fish shop to get some frogs. Man it was surely disgusting seeing them in an empty aquarium. I paid RM 2 for six mix sizes frogs,after so I was making my way to Kota Kemuning.

When I finally arrive at my dear old friend's house I've finally made the effort to remove my fishing rod from my car boot and start to setup. Guess what is next ? And yes, setting up the bait. I've previously attached chicken feed, worms, small fishes but HELL no I'm gonna attach the frog to my hook.Therefore my dear friend gave a me hand and before doing so he have to knock the frog to death against the floor(road) before attaching it.






After setting up we walk to the fishing area for about 5mins walk. Yup, it was my fishing luck again after about 1 hour I manage to get a bite and a slight struggle on my rod.But the haruan ran away.We spend time fishing between 5.30pm to about 7.30pm going home empty ended. At this moment I felt the song by Daniel Powter - Bad day playing in my head while we were walking bad.Is like a fisherman coming home from a rough sea telling his wife "it was bad day at the sea" -=The End=-

No comments: